Friday, November 19, 2010

First Time in Kanas City

By Guest Blogger: Ian Jordan Subsara
Ian plays Jinx in Plaid Tidings

This is my very first time in Kansas City! In fact, this is the farthest west I’ve ever been in my whole life!! This is really a GREAT place to be for theatre – there is so much here. So far, I have gotten to see The Love List at the AHT, Evil Dead at the Off-Center, and The Seafarer at the Unicorn! And I hope to see much more while I am here.

I love working for the American Heartland Theatre, and am so privileged to have such a fantastic cast, creative team, and crew. The theatre puts me up in my own room right at the Westin Crown Center … so I don’t even have to walk outside to get to “work!” I LOVE Crown Center; there is SO much here – it’s almost as if I never have to leave. The Apothecary is a little store downstairs that carries everything you could ever need – and they even have a discount card for Crown Center employees!

I do have my car here – so I have had the opportunity to explore Kansas City a bit. I love the Plaza! During rehearsals, the guys in the show and I took a few trips over there for dinner. We went to Tomfooleries twice; I’ve also dined at Noodles & Co. – which I really enjoyed. It’s definitely not difficult to go shopping here either – aside from the Plaza, I’ve also gone to Zona Rosa and Oak Park Mall. I truly LOVE Kansas City, and hope I get the opportunity to come back and perform here again!

No comments: